ELS System features
The Ultimate for Safety, Security and Accessibility
The ELS Models are designed to meet the security requirements of a wide variety of weapons. The steel frame is a one-piece construction that eliminates welds and provides for maximum durability and strength. Its matte-black finish is functional, attractive, and fits into the interior color scheme of any vehicle. Padded weapon brackets are bolted into the frame in grooved slots, allowing weapon alignment and adjustment. ELS Systems are the ultimate in security and response!
ELS Rack and Lock Features
- High quality and durability for officer safety
Trigger Guards / Anti-Activation Guards
- Standard and high security available
Electronically Released Locks with Timer Delay and Push Button
- Allowing access to weapon for 10 seconds without holding release button
- Choice of Handcuff, Standard or Barrel keys in the event of electrical failure
- Allows for proper weapon placement
Padded Weapon Brackets
- Protects weapons from maring and wear and maintaining a rattle-free environment
Driver-Side Out is Standard Orientation
- Passenger-Side Out available upon request on most models
Transferable Between Vehicles
- Allows for safe, convenient and easy transfer of weapon mounts between patrol cars and fleet replacement vehicles
ELS Ceiling Mount Placement
Big Sky Racks, Inc. provides law enforcement with an innovative weapon mount system, the ELS Model Series, delivering the ultimate in Concealment, Security and Accessibility to vehicular officers. The Quick-Access features of this system are unique!
The ELS Models were primarily designed to place weapons in the ceiling of vehicles, offering a convenient, out-of-sight storage for weapons. However, the ELS Models can also mount vertically to partitions or flat surfaces, i.e.trunk lid, S.W.A.T. units, etc.
ELS Ceiling Mount Features
Quick and Easy Weapon Removal
- Easy-to-reach placement for quick weapon removal from cars, trucks, vans, planes, helicopters or boats.
Concealment and Security
- The out-of-sight ceiling placement removes weapon(s) from public view–reducing intimidation and theft factors.
Interior Vehicle Safety Factors
- Allows for unobstructed vehicle operation. Also compatible with all vehicle front air bag systems.
Field of Vision and Awareness
- Body turning or twisting is not required for weapon removal, maintaining an optimum field of vision and response awareness–an officer’s full emergency capabilities are maximized!
NOTE: NOT TO BE USED WITH SIDE-CURTAIN AIRBAGS.